Fact finding of the trading on ASX Assuming your group is working for an institutional investor that is considering to trade actively on ASX in the near future. Go to the website of Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), do a fact finding to answer the following questions:
(1) Identify at least 5 types of information the public companies provide on the area of Previous Trading Day Announcement.
(2) How are the dividend released by the public companies listed on ASX. Briefly explain the concepts of ex-dividend date, record date, date payable, dividend franking and type of dividends by the companies listed on ASX.
(3) Name 7 types of trading reports listed in ASX 24 Reports. Briefly describe the content of each report.
(4) How many types of calculators available on ASX website for the usage of investors and practitioners? Name them and explain the usage of each calculator.
(5) What are the questions you should ask your broker before you start trading?
2.2 Fact Finding of financial market regulator in Australia Assuming after graduation you would like to apply for a position at ASIC. Go to the website of Australian Securities and Investment Commission, do a fact finding and answer the following questions:
(1) What are the ASIC roles?
(2) Who and what ASIC regulate?
(3) What are the powers of ASIC?