Project - Case Analysis Process
Student teams will prepare a written case analysis reports for submission on Canvas and a printed copy to professor on the due date. Report body should be 25 to 30 pages in length. Class time will be allocated to prepare case solutions, time outside of class will be necessitated to conduct necessary research, construct exhibits for oral presentations, and type/word process the written case analysis reports; refer textbook pages c1-c16. To make full utilization of class time allocated for case preparation, it is expected that each student will have read the case write-ups for the case in question before coming to class. We have finished a presentation about this essay, so you can refer to our presentation for contents, and write this report base on the presentation powerpoint.
Written case analysis reports which are not typed in the PRESENTATION FORMAT given below will have a full letter grade deducted from the team grade for the report in question. Use MLA format in addition to(Deviation from this format will result in a one letter grade reduction on the report):
1) A title page will be included on each report. See Canvas for the template.
2) Provide current company background (finance, market segment/share, SWOT analysis) and latest news events in the last 90 days.
3) State the question, state the team's answer to the question, identify the key contributor to the question, and present your team's evidence/rationale, including exhibits from the analytical procedures required to support your answer.
Written case analysis must include the following:
a_Eight detail case study analysis methods as defined in "Appendix C".
1. The history, development, and growth of the company over time
2. The identification of the company's internal strengths and weaknesses
3. The nature of the external environment surrounding the company
4. A SWOT analysis
5. The kind of corporate-level strategy that the company is pursuing
6. The nature of the company's business-level strategy
7. The company's structure and control systems and how they match it strategy
b_Answer all case questions?The 4 case questions need to be answered are(Mainly focus on answering these four case questions!!!!!):
What steps has WholeFoods taken inappropriately planning strategy? Assuming WholeFoods must develop a new business model, how should they go about this?
What opportunities and threats can be identified through examining WholeFood in the context of the competitive forces model and competitor analysis?
What has created the durability of WholeFoods’market presence? What has given them their competitive advantage?
What functional level strategies have WholeFoods employed? Have these strategies been successful?