New User? Register
Fill This Form To Receive Instant Help
Homework answers / question archive /
For this item, as if you did not have enough to cover this week, you should select one of the arguments to evaluate, keeping the following guidelines in mind as you write your evaluative paragraph:
Use the following questions as a guide for your evaluation, but feel free to choose 2-3 elements and focus on them.
1. What is the claim and what are the reasons for the claim?
2. Is the reasoning logical? Are there any logical fallacies?
3. Does each reason have enough support?
4. Does the student use sources ethically? Do the sources build up the ethos of the paper? Do the sources cross-reference (there is a Works Cited entry for each source mentioned in the paper, and, vice versa, all sources on the Works Cited page can be found in the paper).
5. Is it a classic/adversarial/traditional or Rogerian/consensual argument?
6. How does the student treat the opposing position?
7. Do you find conclusion satisfying?
8. Are you a friendly, hostile, skeptical or disinterested reader of this argument?
9. Are you convinced by the student's argumentation?
10. What do you find especially successful in the student's argumentation or approach?
11. What can be improved?
And, fortunately, this submission may be made as late as Sunday of this week. So, there's that.
Already member? Sign In
Please enter your email address and we'll send you instructions on how to reset your password